When choosing the best plastic surgeon for you, it's important to do your research and consider a few key factors.
- Board certification
1. Board certification: Make sure the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) or a similar reputable organization. Dr Scott Ennis in Boca Raton, Florida is certified by both the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
2. Experience: Look for a surgeon who has experience performing the specific procedure you're interested in and has a good track record. Dr Scott Ennis has been in practice for over 20 years and has extensive experience in many complex procedures and is well known around the world for procedures such as the Endoscopic Mid-Face Lift, Endoscopic Brow lift, Deep Plane Facelift, Buccal fat pad removal, and upper lip lifts. He is also considered by his patients to be on of the best plastic surgeons for the endoscopic breast augmentations where silicone implants can be placed through the under arm as well as his results for the posterior wedge labiaplasty.
3. Results: Look at before-and-after photos of the surgeon's patients to see the results they have achieved. Dr Ennis is very grateful for the many patients that have allowed him to share their photos on the website and help generate an amazing before and after photo gallery.
4. Reviews: Read reviews from previous patients to get a sense of the surgeon's bedside manner and the overall experience at their practice. Read Dr Ennis’ amazing review on Google and see why many patients refer to him as the best plastic surgeon. Read Dr. Ennis' reviews here.
5. Consultation: Schedule a consultation with the surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns, and to make sure you feel comfortable with them. Dr Scott Ennis offers both virtual and in person consults in his Boca Raton office.
6. Credentials: The surgeon should have good credentials, such as memberships in professional organizations, publications in reputable medical journals, and ongoing education and training. Dr Ennis is a member of many societies including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and the International Society of Plastic Surgeons.
7. Safety: The surgeon should have a good safety record and use appropriate safety protocols during surgery. Doctor Ennis’ office and surgery center offers only the most state-of-the-art safety equipment verified by its certification by both the state of Florida and AAAASF certifications . Doctor Scott Ennis only uses board certified anesthesiologist and not CRNA's or nurses to do anesthesia.
It's also important to have realistic expectations and to choose a surgeon who will be honest and transparent with you about the potential risks and benefits of the procedure.