Breast augmentation is the most sought after form of plastic surgery in the world. Women looking to enhance or contour their bust elect this type of procedure. However, the price of beauty isn’t cheap. In fact, there are a number of breast augmentation cost factors to consider when it comes to financially preparing for a breast augmentation procedure. Here, we’ll take a look at the various financial dynamics that come into play once you elect breast augmentation. While the amount of the procedure will vary, this serves as breast augmentation cost guide to understand what exactly goes into determining the overall price.
Initial Breast Augmentation Costs
There are upfront costs associated with most types of plastic surgery. Some surgeons will offer a free consultation while others will ask that you pay a few hundred dollars. In some instances, the doctor will apply the consultation fee toward the final sum of the surgery if you elect them as your surgeon. It is important that you are aware of this cost and how it will be applied to your final bill.
Keep in mind that the existence of consultation fee will not determine service or results. The main concern is that you should feel comfortable with the surgeon that you select. In the end, a consult fee is a small price to pay for the best results. Don’t be afraid to shop around to ensure that you are receiving the care that you deserve.
Breast Augmentation Procedure Fees
The cost for a breast augmentation procedure can vary significantly based on location, technique, and even the size of the hospital.
A few points to consider:
- The cost of living in one city may be significantly higher than other locations. Because of this, the price of all services will also be higher than locations that have a lower cost of living. Consider the location of the services that you want and base your budget on those circumstances.
- The technique used during surgery can also play a role in the final cost. For example, if the transaxillary method is used, which reduces scarring on the breast, then the price for the overall operation should be expected to be higher. This is a specialized method that takes increased training to perform and the rate will reflect that.
Other costs included in the operation:
- Surgeons fees
- Nurses Fees
- Post-op visit
These costs can vary based on the type of hospital or medical center that you choose. Again, the training and resources can make prices higher at some locations. While you may find yourself asking why the cost is more significant at one location than the other, take into account the kind of care you will be receiving.
Recovery from Breast Aug
The recovery cost is something that people don’t always consider, but it can certainly be a substantial investment. Considerations to think about:
- Time off of work – On average, patients will need to take 4-7 days off of work. Many people have the option of taking paid time off, but not everybody has that luxury. If you will miss any wages for your recovery time, then make sure to make financial arrangements beforehand.
- Medication – During the first few days, pain medication is necessary. Consider the cost of those prescriptions as well as any over-the-counter medications you may need. Additionally, you will likely need bandages and other items to help keep the wounds clean and covered.
- Clothing – It is important to wear loose-fitting clothing and supportive bras once your doctor says it is safe. Make sure that you have invested in clothing that meets criteria.
If you are traveling for your surgery consider the costs associated with food, hotel and travel expenses. Try to prepare for additional time if there are any complications.
Breast Augmentation Cost Overview
The costs associated with breast augmentation go further than the actual procedure. While prices can vary based on a number of factors, people should take the above information into consideration. In the end, you get what you pay for. While the overall price may play a role in your decision, make sure to focus on the quality of service and reputation of the surgeon.
Breast Augmentation Surgeon at Ennis Plastic Surgery
Dr. Scott Ennis of The Miami Institute is a world-renowned leader in plastic surgery. He specializes in breast augmentation and has a history of providing flawless, natural results. He is committed to his patients and strives for each of them to walk away with a new sense of confidence. He offers more than a surgery; he offers a state of mind. Trust him to provide the results that you deserve.